"SCARY BEARDED MEN LIVING IN OUR BACKYARD AND EATING OUR WAAKYE SOME"



This picture scares the beans out of me and I know it creeps you out too. Those two gentlemen are the ex-detainees of the Guantanamo Bay Detention who have recently been marooned in Ghana. Well, if you haven’t heard now you do!

Hmm...seriously where are my manners. You’re welcome to the pages of The Silent Observer your reliable pair of stethoscope…. Wait a second. I think I wrote same introduction on my previous post and you’re probably fed up now. Let’s cut to the chase.

Kawula?

On a more serious note, I have keenly followed the media over the past two weeks looking to find answers to why? And what? Are they doing here in Ghana and I have found none. Zero! All I have heard is that it is an issue of national security and such information cannot be made to the public. I wonder if that’s supposed to make us feel better. Well, it doesn’t!

One thoughtful gentleman on T.V today raised an important argument or in a much better perspective he a threw a question to Ghanaians. He asked that…assuming you were the President of Ghana and you had phone call from Barrack saying he wants you to bunk some terrorist**cough**ex detainees in your country. Can you say no?  You dared not after all the wheat, wasawasa, roads, whatchamacallit and all the stuff he had donated free of charge to your country. My brother you lie bad! This is one of the repercussions of not being self-reliant and we must dance alkayda to the tunes.  

Have you watched the American Television series 24? I mean Jack Bauer. Did you just say Yes? Good, you dey the system inside. A single season of this series will make you distrust America and any stuff they do. Seriously! Conspiracy galore. America… more appropriately the USA do not do Santa Claus Stuff although they want their kids to believe in it. Any good thing done is always a calculated step with a fat ulterior motives masked with deception and clothed like Santa Claus to throw dust into your eyes. **Cough** Don’t get me wrong, I’m just talking about the American Series “24” remember? We love America. Don’t we all?

Honestly, I can hardly sleep these days. I get nightmares of bearded people chasing me with a cutlass. All we want is a big assurance that we are safe and under no threat. That’s all!

Wait a second…don’t go. Have you heard about a Kumawood movie that has been released with the title Guatanamobay fuo? That’s the Ghanaian spirit. We make humor and money out of any bad situation. We love our country. We love Ghana. We love our President! But we don’t like any suspected terrorists, dangerous men living in our backyard and eating our Waakye some!

2 comments:

//]]>