THE TALLEST WINS THE BIGGEST AT THE VGMA!




Good evening guys. It's been my ages but I trust y'all doing great as I am. Well, no amount of garnered delicacies served from encyclopaedia Britannica  could help me apologize to you for being A.W.O.L and almost failing my civil duty as "The Silent Observer". It brings me no joy that I have missed so many events during my hiatus, respite or whatever you choose to call it. Please before I apologize, allow me to blame poor internet connection in Navorongo where I am currently marooned to acquire my Bachelors degree in Biochemistry. Nonetheless, I am sorry and like John Snow in the Game of Thrones I have been reborn;(like kaikai).

Enough blabbering from me.







A bit of a clichĂ© but the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards has always been inundated with lots of criticisms, celebrity stunts, 'cheating'....( you can fill in the rest). The much hyped and arguably the biggest Entertainment event in the Ghanaian calendar unfortunately always ends  up being 'mediocre'. Every year, Entertainment connoisseurs and the Ghanaian public always say 'This is the worst VGMA ever'. Quite Ironic but the standard keeps sinking! A friend described last years VGMA as the 'whackest' and I wonder what adjective She has coined for this year's. The live performance thing was 'whackest' too. WTF! Seriously, for a moment I just stared at the television like I just saw Kojo Nkansah Lil Win on an episode of 'Keeping up with the Kardashians'. I needed a quick explanation and so I desperately logged on Facebook. It was then a friend wrote on his wall that the live performance thing was like a 'testing mic' thingy before Efya's performance. What a relief cos like seriously, it was 'whackest'. Well, Efya finally came out after all the 'testing mic' by some other artistes and delivered a stunning performance with a nightingale voice. The best performance of the night. A sting in the nightmare!


Fast Forward......Fast Forward....Fast Forward.....Fast Forward. Oh Yeah! that's what you do when you're watching an astronomically boring movie. You just want to see what happens at the end. Okay, now the Finale! The Winner of the Artiste of the Year is E.L. Oh! this is a mistake or maybe Chris Attoh is attempting a blind mimicry of Steve Harvey's mistake at the 2015 Miss World. Then E.L came and took the award and all that. Still, Chris Attoh said nothing. What the hell! Maybe this is like the 'remix' of the Miss Universe and the mistake will be corrected the next day. I waited for two straight days but nothing. I finally gave up today and decided  to poor my frustrations  on this blog for such a perform-appoinment!
(excuse the malapropism)
There has been a lot of hue and cry on social media about 'Cha-Cha' house's  credibility and someone saying E.L bought the award. LOL. I like E.L (no homo). He's tall like me and all that( still no homo). He deserves the award but not this year! But hey! No one has actually won without some quarters saying that person does not deserve it. SO PLEASE, STOP HATING ON EL.





From a tall nig** to a fellow taller nig**, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU EL. I HOPE I GET A RIDE IN YOUR CAR ONE DAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

//]]>