TEMPTED! FINAL EPISODE


“I am now born again” She spoke firmly.

I laughed teasingly at her and she repeated her statements again. She was more firm than before that I partly believed her. When she noticed the change in my demeanor, she dropped the bombshell. I could not believe the tale I was hearing! I never thought….

My mouth was wide agape when she finished her tale. I sat there trembling like a leaf. Yvonne noticed the fear in my eyes and drew closer to console me but I shrank from her. I don’t know what happened next but I found myself jogging, picking up the pace and finally running to Navoro Hall. As I ran Yvonne’s disclosure played in my mind like last week’s El Classico.

It all happened two weeks after school resumed. Mr. Daniel had spotted Amanda at Mayaga Annex Cafeteria drinking coke. She got interested in him from that moment. He tried everything possible for everything for Amanda to sleep with her but to no avail. He even threatened to get destroy her grades and get her expelled from the school but she wouldn’t budge. Then on one fateful day, he saw Amanda and I kissing near Navoro Hall. It was then He changed his tactics. He told her that if She doesn’t sleep with him, He would crumble my GPA and get me expelled from the school. Amanda knew the situation back at my home. She knew it would break my poor parents heart if I got expelled. She then agreed unwillingly to sleep with Mr. Daniel for my sake. Yvonne told me it was Mr. Daniel’s idea that it should happen at Navoro Hall since no one would suspect. Despite all those façades they put up they never expected I’d show up at Navoro Hall without informing Amanda. It was ill fate that I saw her with him that night. Since then She had been trying to get to me explain what she had done, hoping that I might I understand. And moreover, she knew about the affair between Yvonne and I for quite some time but swallowed all the pain, hoping and praying that I’d change. Yvonne explained that She disclosed this to her after She came to seeking for her forgiveness when she had repented and chosen the path to righteousness and light.

“Elorm, she needs you”

Yvonne’s final words reverberated in my ears as I climbed those familiar stairs of Navoro hall to Amanda’s room. I opened the door forcibly, panting as I observed that all her belongings where packed neatly at a corner. I saw a piece of paper with my name written on it. I took the paper with faltered hands. The message was the shortest and heat breaking message I have ever read.

It read “ELORM, IT HURTS THAT YOU SEEM ME AS TRASH WHEN ALL I HAVE DONE IS FOR YOUR SAKE. IT HURTS THAT I STILL LOVE YOU DESPITE ALL THIS. I CAN’T TAKE IT LONGER. I CAN’T HAVE YOU SO NEAR WHEN I CANNOT HAVE YOU BY MY SIDE. IT HURTS TO SAY GOODBYE. IT HURTS SO BAD!”

A stream of tears flowed down my cheek as I read the message. My heart ached like a needle had pierced it. I dropped the paper and sped out of the room again and down the stairs. I think I might had pushed the security man down on my way down but I didn’t care. I knew what I had read and I knew what it meant.

I ran to Poyongo, a dam just behind the Navoro Hall. The moon was full and bright as I stood there staring into the dam frightened as to what I might discover. My eyes fell on a pink dress at the middle of the dam. I jumped into the water and swam to the body and pulled her out. My heart skipped a beat when I saw her that her face was almost stoned cold. I began CPR. I did it for almost 2 minutes but there was no response. I couldn’t call for help and I didn’t know what to do. I began hitting her chest with all my strength sobbing, crying and saying “Please, don’t leave me. Don’t die. I’m sorry Amanda. I love you”. Yet She didn’t respond. I became motionless like a mannequin at the thought of what happened. I stared blankly at the reflection of the moon in the water like I was seeing the moon for the first time. I was lost in myself when I heard a cough and then a second and then a third. She coughed the water out and opened her eyes.

“You came?” She mumbled.

I was too shocked to say a word. All my words fell as tears from my cheeks on to her face. She forced a smile and whispered “Elorm, take me home”.

I carried her like a trophy towards Navoro Hall. My mind raced through all the bad things that I said to her. All my stupid actions. I was the one who began THE CHEATING GAME, yet called her a whore. I was the cheat, the whore and an insensitive bitch in one package.

 What kind of woman will sacrifice her pride for the sake of love? What kind of woman will give a cheat like me a second chance?

I didn’t need to look anywhere else for an answer. I held the answer in my arms. Amanda was the angel of my life. Let Amanda end my story.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

//]]>