TEMPTED! episode 3



I pondered and lingered over those thoughts without any apparent answer. But I arrived at a conviction. I must end my affairs with Yvonne and confess to Amanda tomorrow!

That was my plan. Unfortunately, my plan was too naïve, void and too static to deal with the events which were to begin to unfold the next day. Those events which altered, distorted and disoriented me from myself. Changed everything.

Who knew?

Who could have guessed?

“Auntie Muni Waakye! Auntie Muni Waakye!! Auntie Muni Waakye!!!”

A familiar voice screamed in my brain as I observed the most boring lecture ever. I tried so hard to concentrate but the voice screamed louder. It was the persistent voice of hunger.  I checked my watched and nearly fainted. We still got 20 minutes left! I stared blankly at the lecturer as he continued to lecture who knows what. What seemed to be an eternity finally came to an end.

“Any question before we close?”

The class was dead silent. Surely, everyone must have got that hunger vibe stirring in their tummy. Then within a twinkle of an eye, Mathew stood up asking a question. Wallahi!  Like seriously? All the faces in the class were annoyed staring angrily and silently in silent anger at Mathew. At that moment, we all forgot he was the chief source of “dubbing” during assignments and mid trims. It took another five minutes for the lecturer to answer his question.

“Any further questions?”

“No sir!” We shouted in chorus this time around and brought the lecture to its fate.

I must have beaten Barry Allen as the fastest man alive on my way to Auntie Muni only to be met by a queue as long as Agbo’s shoe. I had to wait because the only food I could cook was indomie, rice and spaghetti with shito. Everything was eaten with shito by almost all the guys on campus and I was no exception to that reality. “Gobe” was a favorite too but that one will take centuries to cook. I thought of giving Amanda a call but I dismissed the idea. Finally, it got to my turn and I bought, ate and left to Ashland, my hostel.

Everything went on smoothly for the entire day. Finally, the sun went on a short holiday and it was night. It was time for me to confess to Amanda. It was time for me tell her everything! I quickly rehearsed some few apologetic sentences behind the mirror and left. I am no Devil as you think so I prayed heavily as I walked towards Navoro Hall.

As I approached the Hall, I remembered that I forgot to tell her I was coming over. Actually, I hadn’t spoken nor seen her the entire day. I dialed her number but it was switched off. When I think about that ill-fated evening, I know I should have turned back when her phone was off but I didn’t. I think it was fate and I was supposed to be there and nothing could’ve been done to change it.

I climbed the stairs and went straight to her door. It was unlocked. I saw Yvonne earlier at Choir practice at the SRC pavilion on my way. So I knew Amanda was alone. I knocked a couple of times and there was no answer. Then I remembered, she could be listening to music with earphones. I opened the door and went straight in.

The lights were still on. I heard soft moans and thought she was watching a movie. As I drew closer, the moans became too loud and too familiar. There was a curtain dividing the room so I couldn’t see the other side. I dreaded what I will see but by impulse I shoved the curtain.

I shoved the curtain and then everything went blank. I was too shocked to process my sense of vision. I thought it was a dream. No. I thought it was a nightmare! I heard someone say something but I didn’t know what. I dazed out of the room in a trance. I went straight into the Ladies Bathroom thinking it was the stairs. Someone screamed and I felt a hard slap on my cheeks. The slap didn’t wake me up from my disillusion but thanks to the slap I found the stairs out of Navoro Hall or more appropriately, out of Hell.

I had walked a few meters when my self creeped slowly into me. Slowly, I could feel the breeze. Slowly, I felt oxygen in my nostrils. Slowly but painfully, the images of moments ago became vivid like last week’s episode of Empire. Slowly but surely, I realized what I saw.

I saw Amanda having sex with Mr. Daniel, my lecturer at Navoro Hall!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

//]]>